Thursday, August 12, 2010

No More Final Fantasy

I was planning on really digging into Final Fantasy VIII this month, but I realized I just don't enjoy it.  When you're looking for reasons NOT to play a videogame, it's a hint that you should stop playing.  So maybe I'll do erratic updates to that, but don't expect it.  Ever. 

So while I spend some time thinking about what to repurpose this blog for, here is a rundown of games that I AM playing and enjoying (or have played/enjoyed) in the past month, ranked roughly in terms of of how much I have enjoyed them.  List after the jump.




Alan Wake (X360) - This is my current Game of the Year pick, vying with Super Mario Galaxy 2. 
Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Red Dead Redemption (X360)
Starcraft (PC)
Dragon Quest IX (NDS)
Rock Band Unplugged (PSP)
Alien Swarm (PC)

No I did not spend upwards of $300 on games within the last month, almost all of these were either heavily discounted, gifts, or free.

Looking forward, here are the games I'm anticipating playing in the final quarter of 2010:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (NDS)
Metroid: Other M (Wii)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
Epic Mickey (Wii)
Dead Rising 2 (X360)

Limbo (XBLA)
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC)
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (PC)
Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS) -- presuming Nintendo gets this out before 2011

I doubt I will have the funds to actually get all of these, but it's a roadmap.

In other news, I got $50 in Amazon Buxx from Lockerz, so that should help defray the costs.  I also already own Dragon Age Awakening, because it came bundled with my copy of Origins.  I'll get to it whenever I finish Origins, which is currently standing at 125 hours (most of which was actually playing and not leaving the game idle!) and 34% completion.

If anybody has any other game recommendations for me, be sure to leave them in the comments.


A slime draws near!

No comments:

Post a Comment